Every Wednesday, from 05/29/2019 to 06/12/2019, 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
This study is for women wanting a greater knowledge of God and deeper experience of God in day-to-day life. It is for you whether listening to God is your regular habit, or whether you have lots of questions about if “hearing” God’s “voice” is even Scriptural and safely possible, or if you listen as well as talk to God sometimes but want to do so more.
Wednesday, May 29, 2019
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Location: Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
Time: 9:30 – 11:30
Led by: Linda Wagner, Kathy Noling, and Gina Chandler
Materials: A three-week guided, flexible-use journal plus handouts.
Note: Journaling your listening to God and reflections on listening will be encouraged. BUT, if you do not like to write or to journal, you can relax. “Journaling” takes lots of forms from drawing, to bullet points, to single words, to others’ quotes, to short partial sentences, to the longer, traditional written entries. All serve the purpose of helping you engage with your listening to God thoughts and experiences. You will be encouraged to find what is comfortable for you and will be given ideas of things to try.
The three week study will include:
• Ways to listen to God through Scripture.
• Listening to God throughout your day.
• Helps for getting still enough to listen.
• What to expect as you listen.
• Guidelines for evaluating what you “hear” to know if it is from God or some other source.
• Activities to help you in your experience of listening to God.
• Individual time to be still with God.
• Group gathering time to enjoy each other’s company and learn from each other.