Current job openings
Program Assistant for Worship and Music:
PURPOSE: To serve LGPC by assisting music staff (paid and volunteer) with their administrative needs.This person will be involved and interested in all aspects of the music ministry. The position is 30 hours per week and includes benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS: Clerical (including Word, Excel, Publisher), Adobe Creative Suite, and musical knowledge. This person should be eager to create, participate and problem solve, serving the music ministry with joy.This person should be expected to do the most, rather than the minimum, in assisting music staff.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Program Assistant for Worship and Music is accountable to the Director of Music Ministries.
- Work with the Director of Communications on the design of all music related print and web materials including flyers, press releases, postcards, brochures, bulletins, and programs.
- Provide music staff with administrative support for production of print materials including the above items as well as letters, schedules, and meeting minutes.
- Format, edit, and print all bulletins for the church including coordinating and adding the calendar of events section.
- Order and maintain supplies for bulletin printing.
- Create choir pictorial directory and update it quarterly
- Collect and send weekly choir prayer requests.
- Input all rehearsals, meetings, workshops, events into the church data base.
- Circulate and track master calendar, room requests, set-up needs, as well as schedule volunteers.
- Email weekly attendance to staff and track concert attendance.
- Keep choir room bulletin boards and calendars updated.
- Mail and email correspondence.
- Help to set up Launch Sunday, choir BBQ, music workshops, retreats, and annual choir dinner; responsible for ordering food (including Christmas Eve) and getting necessary areas prepared.
- Organize Special Events i.e. fundraising, additional concerts, and conferences.
- Financial: Process payment vouchers, track budgets and assist in submitting bills for payment by the church bookkeeper.
- Act as liaison for childcare, ushers, and Communion preparation.
- Attend major rehearsals, services, and concerts to help with logistics.
- Attend/take minutes at quarterly meetings of music staff, Sanctuary Choir Advisory Team, and Exalt Commission.
- Attend monthly all staff and calendar meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
CONCERT RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Publicity – In partnership with the Director of Communications, design and produce publicity materials including writing articles, distributing materials, organizing ticket “sales”, and sending communications to email lists.
- Add all events/concerts to communication schedule.
- Organize and implement freewill offerings, ushers, and receptions.
- Logistics including working with custodians for Sanctuary and room set up.
Applicants: Please provide an example of a creative marketing project that you conceived, designed, and implemented which contributed to a successful event. Attach files (jpegs, Word docs, PowerPoint files) if possible.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Required)