Current job openings
Reports to: Childcare Coordinator
Position Summary: To provide attentive, safe, secure, and nurturing care to children, ages infant through elementary, in a Christ-centered environment while at Lake Grove Presbyterian Church.
- Coordinate scheduling of caregivers to cover Sunday worship services, MOPS, and other special events where childcare will be provided. Be on site for events as needed which would include but not limited to MOPS (1st and 3rd Thursday), date nights, etc. Receive all cancellations of caregivers finding substitutes as needed.
- Meet with groups i.e. MOPSto determine childcare needs
- Recruit, interview and onboard new childcare staff as needed in conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministry. Assist with ongoing training and teambuilding of childcare staff. Provide ongoing supervision of childcare staff.
- Ensure that all caregivers are supplied with nametags and tee shirts.
- Maintain all necessary employment files including performance reviews.
- Conduct and maintain background checks for childcare workers and any volunteers serving in LGK.
- Input and approve caregiver hours biweekly for payroll. Monitor hours worked versus hours scheduled of caregivers to maintain budgeted hours.
- Monitor all classrooms for safety concerns and report issues to Children’s Ministry staff.
- Maintain basic supplies in all classrooms, maintain and order supplies as needed. Ensure that the family room and LGK check in areas are guest ready .
- Monitor and use check-in/check-out systems to ensure safety of children. Set up systems prior to Sunday usage
- Maintain First Aid/CPR certification (provided by LGPC) and any additional training as needed by Pastoral Staff or Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Attend weekly LGK meetings
- Work on Sundays as needed i.e. special event Sundays, choir Sundays (This will be a minimum of one Sunday per month)
- Coordinate supplies and food needed for special events i.e. MOPS date nights, LGK events, etc. Work with LGPC staff regarding needs for special events i.e. custodial staff, set-up, kitchen coordinator
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Childcare hours needed are Sunday mornings, 8:45 am- 12:30 pm, Thursday mornings from 9:00 am-12:30 pm (Fall, Winter, and Spring hours), Wednesday evenings 5:45pm-7:45pm (Fall, Winter and Spring) and various other days and evenings for special events (weekday and weekends).
- An ideal candidate will have experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 through elementary school with the ability to adapt and interact with each child and their varying needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory completion of background check and pre-employment drug test
- CPR training for infants and children strongly preferred, but not required
- Ability to work at a desk in an office setting for extended periods.
- Ability to lift and move items such as chairs, tables, and toys.
- Ability to move from standing to sitting to floor as needed to interact with children